This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know I am being stupid:-p

Ok so my brazilan black stopped eating and the same day he made him self a blaket of web... Has not came out of the hide I have provided him and when I try to feed it has no intrest in the lil' chrix...
    I have belived him to be in a molt... does this sound stupid to you... Well any way I was wondering if he is infact in a molt how long does it take to go through.. I have had the humidity at 70% or higher and the temps are correct what do I do... I keep the water bowl full...
    I know from keeping reptiles that when I get home he will probley have molted... I would just like some addvise or sepathy.. lol I am having pre-molt stress lol..
    Eric aka....Red

Re: I know I am being stupid:-p

No, you're not being stupid!! I know the feeling. Some T's it takes longer then others. From what you have said, it sounds like pre-molt. And yeah, you're right, you'll either come home or wake up one day and find "two" T's in the tank!! I wouldn't feed him for awhile, probably a week or so. This might stress him out and the cricket might actually hurt him. Just be patient.

Comment

:-[ Oh crud im very sorry i didnt get to this thread.. Hey Red dont freak and you are by no means being stupid, more than likely its molting and sometimes they go thru a week to 2 week premolt.. Sounds like the little baby is doing fine and just like Evil said dont feed no more crix till its done molting and after it has molted wait on feeding for few days to make sure it has hardend and its fangs have gotting hard.. then offer one or two crix and see what happens.. You might not see the molt skin if it does it in its house and leaves it in there.. Some times Ts will do that but most the time they also throw there old skin out of the burrow/ hide house.. Hang in there new T daddy things will be ok..... Its really nothing to worry about its all normal.....

Comment

Alright... I figued that when he came out he would be done... ;D Thanx
        Eric aka...Red

Comment

Ok so he hid out for quit a while and then he came out and is just sitting in the middle of his cage.. From what I here this is not normal for a t to do when in shed...
          Am I wrong...
          Eric aka...Red

Comment

Look in his cave. He may have already molted. He might be sitting in the middle of the tank, drying and hardening up.

Comment

Do you think it is fine to pic up and take out its hidy.. I can not really look at it all inless I take it out and look through all the varias holes...
              I have one of those ceramic logs that are for fish tanks.. with a hole in the bottom top and one side... It is still really hard to see in there....
              Eric aka...Red

Comment

I don't see why not. As long as your T is not in the log at the time, it should be fine. Just be sure to place it back in the same place. If he doesn't like something you misplace, he'll put it back.

Comment

That is what I thought....
                  Thanx..
                  Eric aka...Red
                  Oh ya do they eat there molt ever...?? Just thought I would ask..

Comment

I doubt it. There isn't much nutrition in the molt and nothing to eat.

Comment

8)Red make sure you maintain your humidity in the cage and also make sure there is fresh water in his water dish.. Could be that it already molted and like Evil said is out streching and hardening up they will do that when done molting... Just wait a few days then try feeding one or two crix if it dont eat the crix then its not hardend up.. or it hasnt molted yet...Sometimes Ts will molt and tear up the old skin.. I have few Ts that will do that or they cover it over with bedding...Hows your temps in the cage????? Ts will also seek out the warmth where ever it is and also if to hot they will find a cool spot to stay.... 8)

Comment

Every thing is where it is suposed to be and now I just went home and the T is in his log again... Darn thing... well I got a flash light... ;D Can't beet a human for things like that... It is not in there nor is there any pieces... Well any ways I think it is fine.. I also don't think it has shed now... So thanx and I will tell you when the molt happens...

Thanx again..
                        Eric aka...Red

Comment

Working...
                        X