This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James, Barracuda...molt preparation?

Last night, my 2" G. pulchra has barricaded herself from the rest of the world. She piled dirt near to the top of her flower pot, and completely webbed over the remaining opening. I know the snake room didn't get cold overnight. She last fed three days ago, and I was going to feed her tonight according to schedule. Is she preparing to molt, or is she just being a little hermit? How often does a young G. pulchra molt? I've had her close to 3 weeks if that determines she's ready for another molt.

Bry

Re: James, Barracuda...molt preparation?

8)Bry sounds to me like shes getting ready for a molt.. dont feed her and wait few days and see what she does.. If she molts in her house and she keeps the barricade up she will stay in there for few days after her molt as she knows she needs to harden up befour venturing out of her house.. So give her few days and if she dont come out by the middle of next week then youl know shes molted or going to molt.. Make sure you keep her water dish filled and also lightly mist the cage everyday... For as small as she is Bry i would say every few weeks to 2 months on the molting, just remember as they get bigger they slow down with molting and dont do it as often.. Shes gona be very pretty Bry and very delicate... Dont feed her for atleast 4 or 5 days after she molts so she can harden... Brys little girl is growin up..aawwwww... ;D Whats your temps at Bry????

Comment

My T has been building lil' stacks of stuff around its place it is hiding in every day since I have receved it... Kinda sucks because I have to find the lil' guy and then feed it then move it from where it is at and replace what ever it was under... Never refused food intirly though...
      he has only took one the last two times.... It took like 12 the first week...
      Eric aka....Red

Comment

Well, usually for molt preperation i do the following:
        Have temps at around 75 to 80 degrees, make sure to moist the substrate, but dont flood it! I have to go now and will tell you more!

James

Comment

Here is the rest i need to get back to! I would wait another week or two, and if it did not molt by then, i have to say that your Grammastola pulchura is probably or maybe just making a home for itself, pulchura are known for this! I would just keep an eye on it and you will see the results! Hope this helps and Good Luck!

James

Comment

Working...
          X