This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuda, about the tank

I do have a pet-co and a petsmart in my area, which do carry the 5.5 gallon tanks with the slideable lids, but how do you keep the substrate from falling out everytime you slide out the lid. Plus, if she like to create web tunnels all over the tank, then, wouldn't you wreck some of the tunnels every time you slide the lid? Where did you find that hexogonal tank with the screen lid?

Re:Cuda, about the tank

8)They hexagon tank was something i found in a pet shop we use to have here in our town many yrs ago befour it closed..Check with your local flower and plant shops alot of them carry them with the mirror back and all you have to do is make a screen lid for it.. Now as for the way to keep your bedding in just cut some cardboard to size to fit on the( inside of your tank rim) about 3 1/2 to 4 inches tall and wedge it into place that will hold all your bedding in place at the door.. You wont bother anything of hers if you place your cork bark in a corner in the back of the tank.. Thats where she will for sure construck her house and as time goes by she will make a burrow to which you should be able to view from the side of the tank.. See theres alot of people who say Usambaras wont burrow, well ive had plenty of them that do and did.. I was gona give your girlfriend a curly hair but it molted into a male, and im not gona stick her with that.. As for cool and neat things to use as a T house watch garge sals and other places and ya just might find something alittle diffrent from the norm... ;D

Comment

Re:Cuda, about the tank

Trust me, I'm always in search of things a little bit out of the ordinary for the housing. Right now I'm using rocks, layed on top of each other and locked into place to make a little cave in both of my tanks. I thought about using an old shoe once, but I didn't want to kill them from the stink!!!! :P :-X cwm8.gif LOL!!! But That's something to think about, the whole cardboard thing. I saw these screens that open from each side, they just lift open. I'm going to check them out tonite and see how much they are.

Comment

Working...
      X