X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider Id help

Hey Critter folks.

Here is a hard Q for you. this is a wild spider, as you can see there are 100's of spider babies on this spiders back.. Been going nuts trying to id this one.. Any ideas?

Steve

Re:Spider Id help

:-\ Hey Steve, for some reason im only getting little boxes with red X's in them this morn, wish i could see the pic but from the way you discribe it sounds to me like a Wolf spider.. The mothers carry the babies on there back till there ready to leave on there own...As soon as i can see the pic il know for sure what it is... :-\

Comment

Bummer it didn't show for you.. Try again.. I think you may be right. just noticed it has two rows of eyes. And those buggers bite and hard..LOL
      Steve

Comment

8) ;D Yup i was right now that i can see the pic, shes a wolf spider bud!!! Looks like her babies are getting big enough to leave her back soon.. You'd be suprised how many there really is on her back.. LOL!!! Where did ya find her..she looks good size.. Every now and then we have them go across the property and we will see them with the babies.. Kids tried to keep one few yrs back and when they went to put it in a container all the babies disspersed and they was everywhere.... ;D

Comment

We have two main types of spiders up here in quanity. This one (wolf) and some other kind that is bigger, twice this size I keep seeing them in the lawn carring big egg sacks while I am mowing. Not a big fan of either of these spiders. This one is abit bigger then a quarter, those other ones are bigger then a half dollar. The biggest ones we have up here are the woodland spiders, and those will rival T's are far as with across. And they are fast. Find them by water in boat houses alot...

Steve

Comment

Working...
          X