This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what kinda t is this

i was at the pet store today and they had a t set up and all and they were trying to sell it to me for 15 dollars which wasnt that bad it looked healthy and all but it was black with a tiny bit if pink right at the end of its legs. i would have gotten it for my hubby for his b day but wasnt sure what kind it was and if he would be ableto handle it or not? they called it a pink toe? not sure if that was its real name or not i want to know if its a good deal or not and if i should get it for my hubby?

Re:what kinda t is this

Yup a pink toe is what they are called....
    Here is a link so you can read about them...
    http://www.petbugs.com/caresheets/A-avicularia.html
    Hope this helps...
    Eric aka...Red

Comment

at the bottom of that link it says that you should not hold that t. is that true or is htat just a precaution?

Comment

8) Yup that sounds like a pink toe Mel, as for holding you can and they are pretty good about it but they are fast and skittish, they would rather run and jump as fast as they can befour they would ever bite.. They are good first time T's but not all that great for handling for someone that has never handled one befour and not knowing what to expect... They need things to climb on in there cage as they do live in trees in the wild, like a cork bark or wood of some kind a few fake plants and good bedding, it needs high humidity to... Misting the cage once a day will do.. Temps of 78 to 80 are good... Sounds like a nice price what all did it come with?? Was this a female or male?? You should ask the store person to take it out and hold it and then you can get a better idea about how its gona act...

Comment

lol they wouldnt hold it they were all scared of it it was in a large critter keeper with some fake plants and some terranium moss. nothing to climb on though when we looked at it it was climbing the side of the critter keeper and when they brought him down he ran back into his webbing.

Comment

Working...
          X