My Tarantulas =)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Tarantulas =)

Hi guys ! I'm new here. After some time of looking around, I've recently purchased a Nicaraguan Boa and signed up on this very nice, informative and cozy forum. (hehe, there's a lot of helpful & nice people in here.) Well, here's what kept me busy before I fell in love with snakes. Here are my other pets. -/+ comments are welcome.

*6.5-7" Female L. parahybana

*7" Mature Male L. parahybana

*7" Female N. chromatus + 1 - 2" unsexed juvy

*6" Female G.pulchripes

*4" Unsexed P. irminia

*4" Female B. smithi + 1 - 2.5" juvy male

*5" Female P. murinus

*3" Female H. maculata + 1 - 2.5" unsexed juvy

*2.5" Female B. albiceps + 1 - 2.75" male

*3" Female A. brocklehursti + 1 - 3.5" juvy male

*3 - 2" unsexed juvies C. cyaneopubescens

*3.5" Male N. coloratovillosum

*2.75" unsexed A. hentzi

*2 - 2" P. regalis
    - no pictures -

Thanks RTBs.com

Re: My Tarantulas =)

my obt molted again this morning, i think she's reached her maximum size ..

thanks guys ..

Comment

Way cool!!!

Are you married?...Have a girl friend, that like/love your 8 legged children?...If so PM me and let me give her my wifes phone # so she can assist in talking Kelly into letting me get some...LOL

She love each and every snake and dragon we have, but keeps saying NO to spiders. She wont even let me get roaches to feed to the beardies and frilly...I hate her!!! Go figure...LOL

Comment

I don't think I've seen spiders since I started posting... and dang you have a lot! I must admit they freak me out a bit. I had one a long time ago(like 8 years or so) and it was awesome then one day it jumped from the one end of her cage to my hand and tried to eat me (ok probably not but it did jump and thats what I thought at the time). Ever since they just freak me out but I really enjoyed it before this incident.

It would be both awesome to see all of those in person as well as freak me out. The blue male is freaking gorgeous by the way.

Comment

Dude those are scary as hell...There aint much im afeared of but spiders just give me the hebegebes!

Comment

I never can understand why people look at me and say, why do you keep snakes? Does it just sit there all day? It hasn't moved all night, etc? I don't get them...you know what I mean.

Well that's how I feel now. Those things are fascinating and gorgeous but I could not handle them. That and bees oh man. Hand me a large aggressive snake please...no thanks! So cool though thanks for sharing.

Comment

Cool spiders man, thanks for sharing.
              The Gooty Sapphire Ornamental or Poecilotheria metallica, that's what I'm getting.
              They have Metallica in their name and they have a similar color scheme as the cover of Ride The Lightning how could I refuse? lol. Heres a pic for those who haven't seen em before...

Mat.

Comment

You all have some pretty cool spiders. THey're not my thing but they look pretty sweet. Can you handle them like snakes?

Comment

Those are some nice T's! I am loving that big male in the 2nd photo. And also the obt.

Mat.... omg *drool* THAT is one killer looking T! I want!

This is my Rose Hair "Saidi." She is 16 +/- years old. 5 1/2 in legspan. I rescued her from my old Biology lab where her tank hadn't been cleaned in 5 years or so! I would like to get one more female.. either a greenbottle blue or a versicolor.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunglikeafruitbat View Post
                    Cool spiders man, thanks for sharing.
                    The Gooty Sapphire Ornamental or Poecilotheria metallica, that's what I'm getting.
                    They have Metallica in their name and they have a similar color scheme as the cover of Ride The Lightning how could I refuse? lol. Heres a pic for those who haven't seen em before...

Mat.

that is one wicked spider

but i think i just pooped myself i hate spiders dude and chicobouy those are some cool spiders to i just.... AHH they creep me out lol

Comment

some tarantulas are "handleable" to a degree. there are quite a few species that kick off setae or hairs that can give u a rashlike irritation, and some are just too quick to handle (if your keepin any pokies or that p murinis u know what i mean chico). i used to have tarantulas before i got into snakes and believe me they are very addicting as well. my first one was an impulse buy at a pet store... a rosy which is a laid back more handleable one that is a great 1st choice for any1 considering. it wasn't before long i had a dozen more. they dont take too much space and require hardly any maintenance. thier feeding style is very facinating even tiny instars can consume crickets 3 times thier size and larger spieces can polish off a fuzy or an anole in 1 sitting. this post almost makes me want 2 get back into it...sorry no pics and thanks 4 sharin

Comment

[QUOTE=either a greenbottle blue or a versicolor. ] go wit the versicolor i've had both and the versicolors are so awesome pink and blue...there even sick lookin babys. my greenbottle was very seclusive and rarely got to enjoy it

Comment

NO kidding, so a Tarantula can eat a fuzzy mouse? Does anyone have video of this?

Comment

There are all sorts of videos on you tube of it. I tried giving mine a pink but she will only eat crickets. I really enjoy watching the videos of the big Goliath bird eating T's.

Comment

go to Swift's Invertebrates kelly swift is awesome to deal with cheap, has a ton of spiders and scorps to choose from and even gives freebees with every order

Comment

Working...
                              X