This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got another question?

I have yet another question. I was feeding my beardie (his name is Bolt) Small crickets at first and when I went to go get more the guy at LLL Reptiles said he should be able to eat med. size. So, thats what I got but Im wondering if they are to big. Will he eat them if they are to big? Also, they said just to put in as many as he can eat in 15 min. Well, with the small crickets he could eat about 25 or so but the bigger ones i have just been putting in about 6 or 7. My husband fed him today and put in about 10. There are 9 still in there. Will the crickets hurt my little guy? :-\

Tambra

Re:Got another question?

You live in Oceanside!!!???!!???!!!????

They say not to feed crickets that are larger then the lizards head. Its hard to tell you without a picture, if you could get a pic of the beardie and the cricket in one picture that would help alot. Also how long is your beardie?

Comment

Will the crickets hurt my little guy?

to answer that question yes they can if there isn't food in the cage for the crix to feed on then they will start biting the lizzy and can cause skin problems from them biting on the lizzy i would get them out and not leave them in the cage! this is what i do i put a dozen in with my sav and let him attack as many as possible when i see him go into his hide to rest i get whats left out.. but i am feeding large crix as well but still same difference. hope this helps.

LEE

Comment

Same with me LEEO, I put one in at a time, and when he is done and doesnt want anymore, I only have one to take out, makes it very easy.

Comment

Hi Cardiff,

First, it is suggested that you do not feed crics that are more then hald the size of the beardies head..

And yes like mentioned, crixs can be damaging to your beardie if they are left in too long. I have seen lizzys that have had their eye lids chewed off by crix. So not a good idea, but if you do leave a few in, just put a sliver of potato and a sliver of carrot in the tank so the crix can eat..

Good luck
          Steve

Comment

[quote author=WeLsH link=board=51;threadid=3054;start=msg22214#msg2221 4 date=1060747832]
            You live in Oceanside!!!???!!???!!!????[/quote]

No, I live in Cardiff. But, LLL is a great store so the 15 min drive isnt so bad.
            Bolt is from head to tip of tail about 11 inches. Still pretty small. Just got him a couple weeks ago. Ill see if I can get a picture up later today. We gave him a few more crix lastmight but he wont eat them. There is still one in there but he's not eating. He also wont eat his salad at all yet. Can they get sick if the crickets are too big for them?

Tambra

Comment

Thats cool. I just moved from Carlsbad. Used to go there with my friend like every other day.

Comment

Are you trying some meal or super worms as well? And I see you said salad, just make sure you avoid the iceberg lettus. Try some collard greens and a little Kale. Also if you can get 100% pesticide free, get some fresh dandalions. Just make sure there is no chance of pesticides..

Good Luck
                Steve

Comment

The thing with the prey being too big is that it's harder to digest. -not that it can't be, just a little harder. I know ppl that have fed prey to their dragons that was really quite a bit too large. Fortunately, they're very resilient animals. The rule of thumb I've always heard is not to feed live food items that are much larger at all than the space between their eyes. That's what I've always used with all of ours.

Comment

Working...
                  X