Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My son's new IG we just adopted for him...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son's new IG we just adopted for him...

Along with dong rescue/rehab , even with Ig's... Once in awhile we will also adopt a reptile from others ourselves even. I was contacted about this iG needing a new home recently. My son wanted his own pet IG also and I told him NOt unless it came with a cage could he. [ HEY , I need all the cages I can for rescue and my collection ya know lol] I didn't have any extra IG cages available for a pet IG atm and this one came with a cage also. His name is RUSTY and he's an 8 year old Iguana. He does have a bacterial infection atm on his "skin" which we have the meds for and will continue the treatment he was receiving for such also np. He go the infection from the humidity in his cage combined with low air flow in the cage. It'll take longer to clear up than it took for him to get the infection though..UGH. RUSTY was owneed by a guy who is in college atm and has had him since he was twelve years old. He now is going to school and working and didn't feel that he had the extra time that IG's require so much of in the area of socialization. So he adopted him out to a new home. I'll grab pics of RUSTY with my son tomm.. Course we didn't take the cage as we couldn't fit it into the van with all the other ones and rescues we picked up this last trip out.. So hubby had to build a new one today for RUSTY lol. YES.. RUSTY is a HUGE Iguana btw. I haven't measured him but would say at least 5' in length and has a full tail also.

Re: My son's new IG we just adopted for him...

Here's my son with RUSTY today. This is the first time they met actually. My son couldn't figure out which IG was his when he was at my reptile place yesterday. [ I had 5 new IGs come in, 4 rescues and this one we adopted for Andrew. 2 Of them are large Igs hehe].
    I keep telling him they love to get to the highest point possible LOL.....

Comment

This is RUSTY in his new cage... Should be his full body ...

Comment

Lori you sat you built him a new cage today. I am haveing a bit of a time building my new ig a cage and was wondering if you could tell me how you built rusty's and post some pics of his new home? Thankyou

Joshua

Comment

Re:My son's new IG we just adopted for him...

When you build the cage what part are you haveing trouble with?

I know I have been told Lori doesn't post much any more so I thought that I would help if I could.

Kristin

Comment

Re:My son's new IG we just adopted for him...

Hey Kim,

Just so you don't wait for a reply, the post is over a year old.. We have all done this..

Steve

Comment

Working...
            X