This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banana Geckos

Tracey, you were wanting info on your Banana Geckos, well as I was looking up information on my Tokays, I found this, I thought It might help.
    It was on http://www.rainbowpet.com/caresheets/leopardgecko.htm

First paragraph: Origin
    India, Iran, Pakistan, most available in the United States are captive born. Many color varieties are also available now, including leucistic, BANANAalbino, striped, and more are in the works through the dedication of today's professional breeders.

Re:Banana Geckos

8)Hey Evil, thanks for the link, that is on banana phase leopard geckos, the ones i have are more like a gargoyle gecko. they are tree dwellers and also have the prehensil tail.. this is there species classifacation (Gehyra baliola) This is what they look like...
    These are not my pics..

Comment

8) Heres another pic, they are capable of changing colors real fast like from a mossy gray/ white/ green, to a brownish color with the cool markings all the way to a deep chocolate color.. Its really cool.. I just cant seem to find very much info on these guys and they seem to come from Austrailia.. They have big sticky toe pads and there skin is like velvet.. But i definately got a male and female.. If i can get there caging just right and get them eatting well they should breed later down the road..

Comment

Are these actually your babies, or just pix you found?

Comment

;D Pics i found, mine look way better..LOL!!! ;D I got my girlfriend commin over shes gona get some good pics in few days and il throw them up.. Il make sure to put one on my hand so you can see how big they really are to, and of there cage set up.. That was the only pics i could find of them.. :-\ Bry came across the same pic of the one in the tote.. Il tell ya what im hooked on these guys..

Comment

They definantly addicting!!! I'm really enjoying my tokays!! I just wish I could hear them bark. I have yet to hear a peep out of them. Hey, check out my question I posted about them and let me know what you think about the set up and care I'm doing for them.

Comment

http://www.tarzet.net/ourothergeckos.htm

Giant Banana Geckos (Gehyra Vorax)

Is this what you have now?

Comment

8)
                Well i noticed this morn that most of the crix
                are gone in the geckos cage and that the male does most the baby food eatting,
                he seems to keep the female at bay and shes affraid to come out, as i was
                misting the cage
                and then watching them he was calling, what a cute sound.
                I know most geckos should not be kept together except for breeding purposes so i
                am going to seperate these two so that the female can eat better and be under
                less stress.. They both seem to be in good health, good weight, are drinking and
                there poo is nice and firm and clean.
                I will put the
                male in with the
                female after she has adapted well to her new house and has been eatting and
                doing good for few months. I know one thing these are very cool geckos and they
                seem to be very hardy and easy to care for. If she does get bred and lay eggs
                and they hatch sucssefuly
                im gona keep the first 2 and then start working
                on selling the ones there after.. I made sure this morn that the female had a
                chance to get to the baby food and she laped for a few on the food.. I am very
                pleased with these geckos....... Il keep you all up todate on them as time goes
                by.. They really are more like the G. Vorax gecko even though there not Vorax
                unless there were miss labled, now that would be cool if i got a pair of Vorax..
                LOL!!!!!!

Comment

Hey kool, I'm glad they are doing well!!!

Comment

8)Well today my female gets her own house wanted to do that yesterday but was real busy so today she gets her own well decorated vivarium.. I also took some pics of them with a throw away camera so i hope the pics come out good enough to post on here.. They went from a light mossy grayish green color to a dark chocolate brown color with in secs when i went to take the pics.. was cool as ever.. Hopefully il have the pics up today later on...

Comment

:'( :-[ Well im bummin the pic with the throw away cam came out so bad im not sure i should post it but i will.. its a blurry mess and i had to turn sideways to get it as the log goes upwards to the top of the cage and couldnt get a good shot.. sorry.. new pics soon with them out on my arm and in there cage... this was the male, he was a light mossy grayish color and when i went to tip my head sideways he changed colors to a chocolatey color... he was hugging that log and under a plant.. bummer pic.. sorry.. They are doing very well and today i had the female out for awhile and she was very good and not to skittish and now shes in a cage of her own... :-*

Comment

8)Update on the gex, well the female had a slight case of mouth rot that was from a bite that the male gave her on the corner of her mouth, it has been cleaned and treated everyday for over a week now and is getting better.. She has never stoped eatting at all and is gaining weight real well and is deffinately growing. She is very easy to work with and handle and she has finally stoped changing dark brown when handled now she stays a beautiful gray, mossy greenish light tan with some black outlines, nice light color which tells me she feels alot more comfortable being handled.. The male is just awsome getting real fat and calls all the time for his girl, he has been staying a nice light color like the female but hes alot more skittish when being handled and man is he fast.. Sticky toe pads will take them anywhere and on any surface.. LOL!!!! Im gona get the messuring tape out and see if i can get a acurate messurment tonight on both of them.. I am still very pleased with these gex... Hopefully when i do try breeding them it will take and i will end up with lots baby Bananas... hehehehehehe!!! ;D ;D ;D Geckos that is..LOL!!!

Comment

8)Well took them both out one at a time and this is what i got for messurments.. Female - tip of snout to tip of tail 9 inches, male - tip of snout to tip of tail about 11 inches couldnt really get a acurate reading as he had his body bent alittle on a angle plus he was to busy trying to jump to the mirror so as soon as he was still for a sec i did the messurment.. Tonights treat apricots and Tootie fruitie, plus wax worms.. yummy... ;D ;D

Comment

8) Well update, got both the gex to eat some superworms in the soft stage freshly molted. and also got few pics of "Lena" which il have up in few days for ya to see her the male was just not co operating with us at all.. :-[ He was like im not budging from my log hide.. tonights treat hawiian delight baby food.. ;D

Comment

Those little guys are cool as Hell!!

Comment

Working...
                              X