X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barracuda_41
    replied
    Re:New Rescue Lizards....

:'( :'( Well i hope he does NOT have to.. that would really break my heart, im gona be watching for all signs of it for sure, sleeping all the time, staying away from basking or heat areas, black on the belly, diareah ooops spelling eorror, loss of weight, legrathy and regurging... The thing is if they were in with other gex or lizards at PetsMart how many others are out there spreading this awful and very contagious disease... :-[

Leave a comment:

• eViL_KaRoT
    replied

I'm hoping you mean:

Just hope the other one does NOT have it.

Leave a comment:

• sclark
    replied

Hey Cuda it is ashame about the lizzy. Just hope the other one does have it.. That is the biggest risk of dealing with rescues.. I hope you isolated it good..

Steve

Leave a comment:

• eViL_KaRoT
    replied

The sad thing is, a lot of mainstream petstore and distributor only care about the big buck. Not the animal. But I wish you the best of luck!!! Let us know how it goes and if it gets you anywhere. I hope it does some good!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Barracuda_41
    replied

well i talked to Cathy, she told me her hubby got the fattail and the white gex Sugar from PetsMart in Traverscity, she said about a month ago, the other leo MR muffin she got while in Petosky few moths befour the others.. Now my thing is i gota watch him to make sure he dont have it.. Im getting ahold of PetsMart on monday and telling them about this awful disease and telling them they need to get rid of all cages they have used for housing the gex and start with new and to also not purches any thin or sickly looking gex and to go with a diffrent dealer.. Im also gona try to see if they will tell me who there getting them from so i can contact the dealer and inform them this is not exceptable and that they better use more strict quarenteen methods and to also distroy any animals that have these symtoms and that have been checked by a vet for other illness and all else ruled out... I can just imagin how many other animals have this awful sickness and are transmitting it to others.... > > And Tracey is not finished with just that i will be contacting few other people!!!! >

Leave a comment:

• eViL_KaRoT
    replied

I'm so sorry Tracey!!!! I was kind of hoping that when I came back I would hear some good news. :'( :'( Well, hopefully Mr. Muffin has better luck. He seems to be acting better. I know how you feel, but unfortunantly things like that happens. :'( :'( bigcry.gif bigcry.gif bigcry.gif

Leave a comment:

• Barracuda_41
    replied

:'( :'( Well last night talking to everyone in chat and all of us trying to figure out what was wrong with this one rescue Leopard gex i, Eddie101 made a coment on one thing and sent me to a link to see if maybe this was the problem.. heres what we have come to realize she had... http://www.geocities.com/spsac/crypto.html

Now knowing, i have contacted my vet to let him know and also i am gona find out where these gex came from or where they were purchased so i can get down to the root of whos spreading this deadly disease.. I have ran thru my house cleaning everything with Ammonia and straight bleach, everything was disinfected all animals cages and the whole fricking house..I am tierd and beat and il tell ya you learn something new everytime ya take in a rescue animal... and i have been doing this for many yrs... RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, talk about being worried.... Thanks to all that talked to me about this gex lastnight.... Lastnight Poor Sugar was bagged and delt with accordingly all the things she come incontact with was burned and the ICU cage was bleached, bagged and disposed of accordingly... Now my prob is will this other gex have it knowing it came from the same house as Sugar ??? Hes being monitored very carefully and will be kept far away from all others and anytime he is worked with or has his cage cleaned everything will be washed with ammonia and straight bleach just to be safe.....

Leave a comment:

• Barracuda_41
    replied

:'( :'( :'( Well Sugar isnt gona make it, i have done everything i can and everything i can think of, the vet says she more than likely wont make it thru the night and that this is the worst case hes seen in a long time and how she made it this far is unreal.. He says she didnt have worms, he used what he could for a stool check, as she pooed just befour i took her in and he looked her over very well.. He says she just went with out proper care and heat, way lack of proper vitamins, plus the fact that she had STARVED WAY TO LONG, he says more than likely her stomach tissue has died off and that things are shut down and she wont keep anything down at all till she dies, he says the babyfood is being absorbed but not digested. So i brung her home and soaked her in some luke warm water for 15 mins with head held above the water hoping she would absorb more fluids.. Im very depressed, and glad that she did try and hang on this long now shes gona pass away with someone who so lovingly cared to try and save her tiny little life.. I am soooo upset as to how so many people can be so cold hearted when it comes to these poor animals that depend on us for there well being...... :'( :'( :'( :'( I have hopes for MR. Muffin that he will be ok...

Leave a comment:

• Barracuda_41
    replied

:'( :'( :'( Well not good, got up at 6am after few hrs sleep and Sugar had regurged, the crix and meal worm she had ate the night she came here.... :'( :'( seems the babyfood had somehow by passed the other food as that did not come back up and thats what the poo was from.. so now where back to square one, fluids only for sure.. she drank more humming bird nectur as thats what i am now using as its a total electrolite.. Il be talking to my vet about worming her but at this point i think it would kill her to even try that.. So for now its up to her to keep going on and if she somehow makes it and ever does put on any weight at all only then will i put her thru the stress of worming.. I dont think shes gona make it a week. :'( :'( :'( :'( Regurging was the thing i didnt want to see... :'( Gona switch her babyfood over to turkey and try that in few hrs, i was really hoping that the vitamins would have kicked in by now.. i think her system is just so taxed out that its not doing any good.. Im not giving up on her till the end.. poor girl i feel so awful right now... :'( :'( :'( :'( Im gona have JR get me some yogurt and give her some of that as well.. il fill ya in later on whats going on.. i need to go to sleep...

Leave a comment:

• sclark
    replied

That sounds good.. Lets hope she keeps fighting on...

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Barracuda_41
    replied

:-\ Quick update on Sugar, she has finaly pooed , not normal but she went and that tells me her internal organs are working and the babyfood i gave her as her first meal has gone thru.. She has gottin her 5th babyfood and vita mix tiny meal and her belly is starting to come out now, im gona wait on the next poo befour giving her any more normal insect food.. She is now in a larger ICU with a stronger light and more heat at one end and a hide hut.. she has a water dish and also a calcium dish.. she walked around alittle befour i put her back after feeding.. The poo was a major part as i was worried she was blocked from starving.. How this poor little girl is surviving is beond me when as bad as she is she should have died.. Thank God shes alive and trying....Il give you another update tomarrow on her.. She has a long battle to go... :'( :'(

Leave a comment:

• eViL_KaRoT
    replied

They sure are going to be cuties when they get healthy!!! If only they could talk. They'd both be saying Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! :-* :-* :-* group.gif bigcry.gif group.gif group.gif b29.gif

Leave a comment:

• sclark
    replied

Hey Cuda,

Trying to get them to do correct temps and stuff and almost impossible. They have all their repyiles in 10-20 gallon tanks with heat lights avove each one.. During the day 90 sounds about what they are getting, but at night, all lights go off.. I closest I cam to have them change temps is when they had 4 big Boas in a tank and I pointed out that each one had its head straight up with a mouth gape and one had bubbles around its mouth.. I talked to the owner and suggested that they atleast put another heat light over that tank, they did..

The ones that they got in have a sigh that says Yellow Phase lepord gex. They are small about 4 inches long and 1/2 wide in the belly.. They only had a shallow water dish and a dish with some gex food and some dusted crix roaming around..

Typical pet shop setup.. Most hope they sell the retiles before too long.. Not enough room to setup each one right. I don't agree with it, but its the way things are done in pet shops... Its sad..

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Barracuda_41
    replied

Steve, at that shop just make sure they have high heat say 90 at one end and then a cool end of 78, they need a water dish and a seperate calcium dish with the powder in it so they can lap at when needed, they like it dry as they dont require the higher humidity like the Fattails do.. But should be provided with a hide that has moss moistend for humidity.. When very young they should not be kept on sand,, tiny wax worms and tiny crix is better than mealworms at that young age as the meal worms if not in the white soft stage can cause impactation and the worm can do harm to there stomach.. How small are they at the shop?? when young they dont resemble the adults at all, they are banded yellow and a darker color with bands on the tail as well..

Leave a comment:

• sclark
    replied

Hey Cuda,

They just got a bunch of those yellow phase in the local pet shop.. They are very young, so tiny..

Steve

Leave a comment:

Working...
X