X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A fun pic

Hey guys and gals.

I was looking over some old pics I had on my computer and wanted to share a fun one. This Sav. was in as a rescue. Wished I would have kept him, but atleast he is with a nice family and doing great. I took this image 10 days after he arrived. He was thin and wasn't eating, not to mention he sheds were horrible. But he was a nice as a Sav. could be. Biggest problem is he would make friends with the mice he was supposed to be eating. We did get him eating and back to 100% health. He is huge last time I saw him..

Steve

Re:A fun pic

How big was that sav? he looks huge in that pic, thats too funny ;D ;D, did he ever end up eating the mice or did he just play with them? My sav likes to play with his crickets, he will actually bite their back legs off on purpose then chase them around and bite them until they cant move anymore, then he eats them lol

Randy

Comment

8)Awwww that pic is very cute Steve, good to here its doing well..

Comment

haha the mouse is like your not gonna eat me are you?!?! cool pic steve

Comment

Thanks guys

Zack The sav when I had him was 26 inches from head to tip of tail.
          He was big but was such a nice Sav. He never minded being picked up. And I even had to give him injections of fluid the first week, and never a nip. Guess I was just luck.

He never did end up eating that particullar mouse. I have one shot that was done about 20 mins after this shot was taken where I swear it looks like the Sav is trying to help the mouse escape. the mouse is standing on the Sav head and the Sav is streching his neck straight up..LOL I will find that one and post it.

Thanks tracey..

That caption will work Benttoe. I was always like, "Can't we all just get along"..LOL

Steve

Comment

I knew I could find it, but it is a crappy pic. it was done with a borrowed Kodak Digi camera. But I am glad I took the shot. Miss the big lug..

Steve

Comment

8)Oh gee thats to funny....LOL!!! He's like here little buddy il help you escape... LOL!!!!! What a shot Steve. ;D

Comment

my redtail had a internal parasite once... (can't remember wich one...) but he stopped eating and I was still feeding live.. (of course this where he got the parasites.) and I put one in and he just sat around with it intell it fell asleep on him... I watched the hole time it was so weird... And I never could feed that rat to him I tryed for quit a while and then sombody suggested getting a different rodent and I put the one I had been keeping for awhile in and he would not eat it but then I put in the other one and bamm down the hatch... The next week I got another one and it looked like the one he would not eat.. (Black and white..) Well same thing not even a toung flick... I went and got another white rat that day and wamm down the hatch... I have tryed five times now and five different rats that where black and white and he will not eat them if they are black and white... weird huh... Just thought I would sare my funny prey story...
                Red aka...Red

Comment

That is funny Red.. I had something like that happen with a snake long gone. But it wasn't just the color. It was just that particullar mouse. He would eat any other mouse, even one that looked like this little one, but not that origional one. I have no clue what was going on. It was like he made friends with the snake.LOL Guess anything is possible..

I ended up letting him go.. Figured he earned it..LOL

Steve

Comment

lol steve, that is so cool... savs have such great personalities that i think can rival that of a dog or a cat, and those pics prove that they have personalities, cause the look in that second pic looks like hes saying *** you lookin at, we arent doing anything, I swear!

Comment

Those pics are too funny.

I would say that particular mouse did definitely earn his freedom.

I'm glad the Sav is doing well.

Jeff J.

Comment

*lol* Those pics are great! Poor lil' mouse was just too dumb to know any better.

Comment

Working...
                        X