X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAVANNAH MONITOR

HI T.C
    i have a baby savannah monitor as u seen in the pick i sent ya now im feeding hin 2 pinkys every 7 days should i jack it up to 3 or 4 pinks ?

Re: SAVANNAH MONITOR

No don't add more mice. Instead get some of the ZooMeds ZooMenu cans of Monitor food which contains valuable vitamins and minerals essential to the Savannahs. Give him the pinks one day and then 3 to 4 days later give him half a can of the monitor food. His coloring should get brighter and he'll be even happier than he already is. 8)

Comment

ok thanx TC

Comment

Hey, no fair! How come TC gets to see your baby Savannah & the rest of us don't?

Comment

ill send T.C a better pi of him to post on here if its ok ;D

Comment

Cool. That'll work. ;D

Comment

Okay, I have to ask: "Where's the pic at??" ;D

Comment

mice make monitors mean!

Comment

I am curious where you got that info? Mice do not and will not make a monitor mean. I have yet to have that problem and have kept monitors for 15 years now.

Comment

Hmm, well lots of people tell me that they make them mean, pinkys are too high in calcium!

Comment

or was it protein

Comment

Actually pinkies aren't high in protein or calcium. The only purpose they serve is to feed and help there initial growing, but mice and rats are better, rats being the better choice. Lets just say for arguement sake that was the case. Monitors need heavy amounts of calcium and protein. Savannah's need that kind of prey item. The key is to offer thawed or freshly killed and the aggression should never occur.

Comment

I wouldn't say mice make monitors mean but, a steady diet of mice will make your monitor obese. Damging his health and shortening his life span! You need to mix it up with monitors. I have two savs and the get a well rounded course. Mice,crickets, superworms,canned monitor food,raw meat sprinkled with calcium powder, meal worms, and even chicken. Its best to keep it mixed up that way they get a balanced diet. If you think about it your monitor in the wild will not eat strictly mice. He'll eat anything that happens to crawl past his mouth. Just like my 2 Savs do! Good luck I hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
                          X