This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bath Time For Stumpy..

8) Well because plated lizards are so closely related to the skinks i figured id post this here.. Heres stumpy on bath day, she/he is shedding and little plates are all over its body and in the tub... I used less flash as not to scare him/her... I think its a female.. First up a head shot, yes thats its colors, reds, oranges, yellows, black and some whiteish blue as well. in the pics youl see the shed plates.. Plus after the pics i had to trim claws as well..

Re:Bath Time For Stumpy..

In this pic you can see its toes that are missin, thats why we named it Stumpy... plus you can see old healed scars..

Comment

8) JR holding it... slippery little turd... LOL!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Comment

8) Last one, here you can see the plate scales commin off in the water.. Stumps like "ok ok now just let me swim for awhile"... ;D

Comment

He is a cute one.. never dealt with plated lizzys before.. Looks like this one has a nice personality, no one appears bleeding...LOL

Nice colors..
          Steve

Comment

yeah from what I hear those little guys are right up there with the tegus and monitors for personality, never owned one but ive only heard good stories looks like hes a happy lizard now lol

Comment

8) Stumpy is very happy, soon to be getting a larger cage, He/she was so skinny and dehydrated when i got it, also missing toes and battle scars that was not healed.. Great food, vitamins, meds for sores and also the right loving home has made it a great pet and family member..She/he has gottin alot bigger and eats such a wide variety of foods, cant go wrong with a plated lizzy... Great personality!!!!!! ;D

Comment

I have never herd of a mean plated lizard...
                Just really nice one's...
                Not like tegu's or monitors at all...
                Just what I have herd...
                Eric aka...Red

Comment

stumpy im pretty sure is a male.the females dont have the blue on their side as the males do.but mine is also a little stubby.it got its tail bitten off about 2-3in but doing great.and mine is a male also ill post pics so you can see.the pic is of a female......tim....

Comment

8) Yup Stumpy is a male i took a good look at them pores today and yup very big and long.. Its a boy for sure...

Comment

Stumpy seems to be doing very well, Cuda!!!! What a kool lizzy he is!!!! I'll be he loved the bath!!!! Or did he freak out like all if mine do?

Comment

8) Stumpy does pretty well in the tub, hes use to having a huge water tub in his new cage so he gets right in ans swims in the water and does his poo thing.. still waitting on this dude to come pick him up he paid for him but hes been going thru a court battle with his X for the kids.. So sooner or later he should come pick him up if not i will get ahold of him and give him his money back and find a new home for Stumpy..

Comment

Working...
                        X