New fish, im thrilled!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New fish, im thrilled!

when we moved, we lost all our fish except the mollies and the cory cats i think the heat packs failed and when we moved it was below freezing and raining it was a HUGE blow for me to loose my fave fish, all my angels and my huge discus. i had large beautiful angels that you dont see every day in a typical fish store, they were color types that i had only seen once, the time i bought them, and never saw these color types again. if you dont know me, angels are my absolute favorite fish, freshwater or saltwater, if its an angel, i love it! discus are a very close second they have the best fish-personalities and IMO nothing beats a nice planted tank with healthy adult angelfish or discus

anywho....i had a customer that i knew from my previous job, she called me and told me she was moving and wasnt able to take her fish, and asked me if i wanted them. she had never had angels or discus and i told her what to do to keep them alive and well. well she did a fabulous job with them, they are huge and in perfect condition! im thrilled to have some more angels and discus, and to top it off, she thinks two of the discus might wanna pair off :yes: there are 3 large angels and 4 discus, as wel as a few neons, black skirts, and a really crazy looking pleco, i have never seen one like it, whatever it is lol here are some pics i took today

and here are some of the angels i lost, RIP little fish

Re: New fish, im thrilled!

You have to know how to keep a really nice well balanced clean fish tank to keep Angels alive and healthy

You obviosly have done a great job in the past and it must have bewen hard
    to loose all of those beautiful fish you had before

Congrats on your new fish

Lar M
    Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

Beautiful
      My dad used to have a collection of saltwater fish when I was younger and they were amazing. I guess thats where I get my "exotic" side

Comment

You have some Beautiful Angels and Discus there. I especially like the Koi Angel in pics 8 and 10. Do you have any pics of the Pleco?

Mark

Comment

Wow bro just looking at your pics makes me want to get a fish tank. Sorry for your loss my bro. I can relate to your experience: back in 2002 I moved and I had a 55 gal. tank with fire belly Pacus real nice and beautiful fish. I took the tank in the back of my pick up thinking they would be safer traveling with me. On my way to the new house i was hit in the back by a drunk driver...bro God was with me I had my wife in the front and my daughter and son ( my son was 1 yr old) were in the back cab. Thank heaven my family was fine not even a scratch! But my tank was destroyed and I watched my Pacus flip flop on the pavement and die my wife and I were holding them in our hands. My wife cried for those fish we used to hand feed them small tiny pieces of ham. The guy that hit us exited his car and i went over to see if he was alright and he started arguing with me saying that I was going too slow on the road and it was my fault he hit me and you could smell the alcohol in his breath...he didn't even ask me how my family was or if we were ok. I wanted to him up but my wife said let it go what was really important was that we were ok. Sorry for the rant bro; your post just brought back some memories.

Comment

wow i hope that guy went to jail what a jerk sorry your tank was destroyed too but at least your family was ok

i do not have pics of the pleco yet, he was way down in the corner and i couldnt get a good pic of him, but i will hopefully soon LOL

Comment

Awesome fish! Too much maintenance and equipment for me right now but I have always wanted to get a nice tank set up. @ [email protected]: satyra is a lady, bro. LOL.

Mat.

Comment

very nice fish just a peaty you not in Scotland my mate is selling a breeding pair of discus fish u might have been interested in

here's a link if u want to have a loo at his very nice fish i think
                discus breeding pair for sale edinburgh

Comment

Congratulations on your new fish! I also keep Angels and think their personalities are so intruguing. I lost my last large pair, they were both about four years old and I never thought I would be so upset about losing fish but I was. They are even buried in our Pet Cemetery. My husband just brought me home two new ones recently and I haven't named them yet but it's looking like they may be Jack and Diane LOL.

Question--how do you take such great pictures of fish?
                  http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Those are beautiful! I am sorry for your losses when you moved. Now you are rewarded for helping someone else. Good carma! Congratulations! You must be an expert at fish keeping.

If my house was a little darker I could keep fish.

I have too much light and algae will grow like crazy.

Comment

thanks for the nice replies i LOVE me some angels and discus and im so happy to have them again

Markos, if your friend was in the US i would be all over that thats a gorgeous pair

zamora: the pics are the result of good lighting and no flash we have two double bulb Hagen T5's on there, including one marine-glo bulb, it gives the water a dark-blue tint, its EXCELLENT for taking pics of the fish and plants, without that bulb they prob wouldnt be near as nice. i have used the T5's for taking pics of the snakes too, those pics also came out great

other than that, we have to tease the fish to get pics of them from the side LOL. whenever you even look like you are going near their tank they run to the front hoping for food we have to put our fingers over the tank on one side and hurry and snap some pics before they figure out your fingers dont have any food and they come back to the camera LMAO

Comment

I keep regular, Gold and Electric Blue Jack Dempseys, and good lighting makes all the difference in taking pics. I've got two twin compact florescent strips on the 100 gallon, and the lighting's great for pics. Fortunately most of my JDs are real Hams, and like to pose for pics.

Mark

Comment

Very nice fish! Those discus are wicked cool!

Comment

Working...
                          X