Downtown Houston Aquarium (DUW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downtown Houston Aquarium (DUW)

Went to the Downtown Houston Aquarium over the weekend and it was pretty cool. I actually had a lot of fun there. Which I didn't think I would at first. Half way there I realized I forgot my camera but I took some pics with my phone and some of them aren't to bad. So I thought I would share some so yall could see what it is like.

The sharks. It was really dark so it was very hard to get a good pic.

An Alligator.

I thought this was pretty cool. A whole coral reef setup and it was really nice. It was big so there are multiple pictures of it.

Groupers.

Seahorses.

Gar. These things are just awesome.

Terrible pic of a Sawfish.

So excited about this one. I love rays and if you knew me then you would know that when I go places I like touching things lol. I got to play with the ray and it was a blast.

White Tiger.

They had some ETBs.

Thanks for looking. Hopefully you guys don't think the pictures are too horrible.

Re: Downtown Houston Aquarium (DUW)

Nice... Looks like a good day. Sometimes its hard to get pics in places like that. But I love aquariums.

Comment

I'm not too in to fish but I do like sharks and I too love stingrays! I kind of like big cats too (darn mom and BOTH sisters are obsessed so it's leaked out to me). White one is awesome.

I do like the pic of the ETB too. Don't ever see those posted around here !! Good stuff

Comment

Thanks for taking the pictures! I love aquariums so I really appreciate it. Glad you had a good time.
        http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Originally posted by bterrill View Post
          I'm not too in to fish but I do like sharks and I too love stingrays!
          Thats exactly how I am. I was so excited when I found the tank where you could touch the rays lol.

Comment

Very cool, thanks for posting these! Stingrays are soo awesome, they are so graceful looking in the water!

Comment

great pics those with the coral reefs set up. I love those little "perfect shaped" corals.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Next time I go I will be sure to bring a camera other than my phone. So I can get some good pics. They had a lot more things but I couldn't get any pictures of them because it was way to dark.

Comment

nice pic of those ETB's chilling on the branches.

Comment

Looks like an awesome place brother... glad you had a good time

Comment

Thats cool bro, nice pictures. I will be down in Tulsa in a few weeks and plan on going to the Tulsa Aquarium.

Comment

Looks like fun times, Brian!

Originally posted by Avalanche View Post
                        Thats cool bro, nice pictures. I will be down in Tulsa in a few weeks and plan on going to the Tulsa Aquarium.
                        I think you'll enjoy the Jenks Aquarium (Tulsa) , Todd. We've taken the kids quite a few times and they (as well as we) always have a great time. Matter of fact, I think I might have posted a pic thread from one of our trips. I'd have to do some searching.
                        "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X