Nano Reef- Another addiction, eh hobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nano Reef- Another addiction, eh hobby

Looks great! Your rock work is really interesting. Id throw a nice torch in there ;P

I have been on the lookout for a nice scolly like yours, but my fish store only has solid colored ones. I would love to have a rainbow or war paint scolly, but I don't think my wallet would like that. Everything looks really healthy and happy in your tank.

Comment

I wish you both lived closer so I could come and gaze longingly into your tanks. I just don't have the time or the patience for a tank right now but I sure do love them and it looks like you both have really awesome ones! Thanks for the pictures!
      http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

You really do get sucked into it and much like reptiles, there's a million rabbit holes of options to go down. More tanks, more cages! The last few years have been rough on my tanks, had a crash of some sort and lost a huge amount of corals, then massive algae issues I couldn't seem to beat, then I was working out of town for almost a year so the tanks really got neglected. But decided I better clean it up and start over fresh or get out, new tanks, lights, equipment and here we are 6-ish months later.

But this was my tank four years ago which is so sad for me to look at

Comment

Thats awful to hear! What a beautiful tank. Your acans looked super healthy and it looks like you were building up a nice collection. Unfortunately I think everyone has dealt with a crash who have been in this hobby long enough.. Hundreds if not a few thousand dollars in corals lost can be very discouraging..

I took my 29gal down a few years ago do to bryopsis. The sad thing is I would have beat it, but I was so busy with work and school I kind of gave up. Sold my Radion Xr30 but my tank and sump system is in the basement. I don't think Ill ever set it up again.

My next tank will hopefully be a Red Sea Reefer 250. But it will be a while for that to happen. One more semester of college left.

Comment

Working...
          X