My froggieesss!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My froggieesss!

Here are my dart frogs. Bumble Swirl and Zygote. They are Dendrobates leucomelas.
    Attached Files

Re: My froggieesss!

Very Nice! I've always been interested in them, but have hesitated because I've heard conflicting stories about how much work they are. What's your setup like, and how's the maintenance?
    "It is not my responsibility to live up to other people's perceptions of who I am. I am only responsible for living up to the standards I set for myself, to be the person I want to be."

Comment

Cool frogs!

Comment

Dart frogs are some of he coolest pets possible to own!!!! I've been doing research on keeping them and plan on making the leap as soon as I don't have more boas to get (LOL!).

From what I understand and from talking to one of the guys a josh's frogs the vivs are entirely self maintaining if they're set up properly - I LOVE that! And of course they are so dang cool looking! You could easily do a basic setup for one or two frogs for under a hundred bucks.

One of these days.....

Your's are very cool, btw!

Comment

Kool Darts!! My girlfriend just got an Amazon Milk frog recently and they are ridiculously easy to care for. As stated earlier the set up basically maintains itself with only a cleanup every month to month and a half. Spot cleaning is really nothing more than removing dead crickets or changing out the water, occasionally a small poop. I don't if all frogs are the same but the one we have (milk or milky frog) sheds almost once a day and they EAT IT!! Also they are a lot of fun to watch eat.

Comment

Originally posted by dangles View Post
            plan on making the leap as soon as I don't have more boas to get (LOL!).!
            no pun intended lol

i love those frogs to and they would make an awesome display set up btw those are some awesome looking frogs

Comment

Originally posted by monkeywrench133 View Post
              Very Nice! I've always been interested in them, but have hesitated because I've heard conflicting stories about how much work they are. What's your setup like, and how's the maintenance?
              Thank you!
              I find them actually very easy to care for. I have them in a simple 10 gallon size terrarium for now. I put it together with a waterfall feature using a pump to create the falls. Drainage layer, liner, then substrate. Tropical plants. I have a small aquarium fan for ventilation and timer set rain forest lighting. Top is all closed to maintain high humidity. It probably cost around 150 to 200 to put it together. The frogs were 30 each from Regal Reptiles.

As far as maintenance just occasional misting, pruning plants, adding water that has evaporated, feeding frogs, quick spot cleans. It's very easy, doesn't take much time. I culture my own wingless fruit flies. Before getting into it I read that part can be tricky, the culturing, but I've found it to be easy.

I did tons of research online to figure out how to build their home and care for them. Lots of good info out there.

Thank you for all the nice complements!!!

Comment

Working...
              X