Six new Milk frogs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six new Milk frogs.

Got my new frogs in today, positive they are from the same clutch as my first milk but they are all way smaller. Heres a couple of shots of them peeking out of the travel tub and checking out the temporary tank.

this one shows all six, the little one is a possible male but may just be a runt although I doubt it.

Thanks for lookin!

Mat.

Re: Six new Milk frogs.

sweet those are some cool frogs

Comment

Wow, those are really neat looking. Awesome new additions!
      "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

cool! how big do they get?

i've always wanted frogs... dart frogs, actually. i just bought one for my mom for christmas. when i told my dad he got 'huffy' and said, "we've already got too many animals." i said, "dad, you've got ONE dog. that's IT." he's just gonna have to deal with it, because my mom LOVED the dart frogs when she visited me at the reptile show a couple weekends ago.

anyway, congrats!

*edit*

here he is...

dendrobates aurates

Last edited by dangles; 12-20-2009, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Chris, they get fairly large, big enough to eat the occasional pinky if you can get them to tong feed. My largest, Frankie, is about two and half inches from nose to vent and the biggest of the new ones is about two inches. I can't wait to get some more and start breeding, the male will find a hollow in a tree with water and call a female, she lays about 2000 eggs in the water which he fertilizes. He then calls another female to have her lay as well but he doesn't fertilize these he leaves them as food for the tadpoles. Now heres the really cool part, the tads hatch in a day and the froglettes are land borne 3 weeks later which is really quick. I had an awesome night, my frogs arrived and just about every snake I have ate. I was tempted to be disappointed about Bambi not eating till I got a chance to look at the underside of his tail...he's got an inch and a half zigzag stripe after the vent and what looks like a thick black stripe before the vent, he may infact be an Aztec, I gotta post pics for Mr. Potts later when I've had some sleep and can get him out for proper pics.

Mat.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunglikeafruitbat
            ...he may infact be an Aztec, I gotta post pics for Mr. Potts later when I've had some sleep and can get him out for proper pics.

Mat.
            Yes. Yes you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice frogs for ... frogs j/k

Comment

Those things are awesome! I like their camouflage! Congratulations!

Comment

My kid (the senior) wants to get into frogs...but i dont know ANYTHING on care for them...do you have a guide for them?

I REALLY dig your new ones man! and i also dig the dart frog as well...but they are poisonous aren't they? Are ALL high neon color poisonous?
                  Ernest

www.magikboas2011.wix.com/home Where you will find Available Boas to my Magik BBQ Sauce!

Comment

Originally posted by BigPaPaErnest View Post
                    My kid (the senior) wants to get into frogs...but i dont know ANYTHING on care for them...do you have a guide for them?

I REALLY dig your new ones man! and i also dig the dart frog as well...but they are poisonous aren't they? Are ALL high neon color poisonous?
                    I don't know about dart frogs but mine got their name from a milky poison they secrete when threatened, though the breeder has never had it happen and my other one has never done it. I only handle when I have to mostly for their health and safety as we can be very toxic to them (oils soaps etc on hands) I have several care sheets for this specific kind of frog but you can easily find info on most of them. I can send you some links to frog and vivarium forums if you like.

Mat.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunglikeafruitbat View Post
                      I don't know about dart frogs but mine got their name from a milky poison they secrete when threatened, though the breeder has never had it happen and my other one has never done it. I only handle when I have to mostly for their health and safety as we can be very toxic to them (oils soaps etc on hands) I have several care sheets for this specific kind of frog but you can easily find info on most of them. I can send you some links to frog and vivarium forums if you like.

Mat.
                      I would appreciate it...that way i can see what i will be getting myself into if i do go this route.
                      Ernest

www.magikboas2011.wix.com/home Where you will find Available Boas to my Magik BBQ Sauce!

Comment

Hung those are some kool look'n Milk Frogs you got !

Originally posted by dangles View Post
                        cool! how big do they get?

i've always wanted frogs... dart frogs, actually. i just bought one for my mom for christmas. when i told my dad he got 'huffy' and said, "we've already got too many animals." i said, "dad, you've got ONE dog. that's IT." he's just gonna have to deal with it, because my mom LOVED the dart frogs when she visited me at the reptile show a couple weekends ago.

anyway, congrats!

*edit*

here he is...

dendrobates aurates

What is it about Dads so often ? They always complain about little things like pets.
                        Oh wait a minute I'm probably your dads age , ha ,ha

Lar M
                        Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

those frogs are awesome,I had alot of frogs when I was younger and they are just cool,never had a milk frog though,but they are really cool,just might get back into keeping frogs again,thanks.......Mike

Comment

Working...
                          X