X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info for Bird rescues..

Hey all,

Just figured I would share a piece of info for anyone who ends up with birds to help out.. This I found interesting in a course of wild birds I had to take for the rehab lic.. Now I won't get into the specifics of what to do if you find a baby bird, etc.. Just one interesting fact.. Putting a baby bird of green grass or green leaves can prove to be fatal.. Sure it has been done and the bird lives, but the chance is about 60% it will kill the bird, baby or older. Drying grass and leaves give off different gasses which can harm or kill the bird. So if you do take a rescue in, use paper towels or very dryed out grass..

Just a helpful note..
    Steve

Re:Info for Bird rescues..

Another FYI that most don't know, If a baby bird falls out of a nest, you can put it back in the nest if you know where it fell out of. The smell of humans will not make a mama bird abandon the nest. Not saying that it's alright to go and play with all the baby birds in all the nest, or anything. :-\ But just so you know, it is OK to put it back in the nest.

Comment

Re:Info for Bird rescues..

Hey Evil,

Good info.. Yeah thats an old wives tale..

One extra thing, its what i do. If I find a baby bird at the base of a tree and can't reach the nest. I get a cool whip containor, nail it to the tree as high up as I can reach and put some holes in the bottom and some dried out leaves and grass in it and put the baby in that. 99% of the time, mom will keep feeding that baby and just run two nests..
      Steve

Comment

Working...
      X