My APBT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My APBT

This is Isis, my 5 month old APBT. She is 100% Razors Edge with 2 grand show champions and 4 show champions in her pedigree. She is 47lbs, I'm wondering how big she will get. Sire is 95lbs and Dam is 85lbs, she was the biggest female in the litter. Right now we're working on off-leash obedience and tracking/trailing. She is my Schutzhund dog, and my future demo dog for police departments interested in my training program.

8 weeks

4 1/2 months

http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Re: My APBT

She's a beauty bra! She reminds me of my Roxie!

Good luck with her training!

-Sean in NoCal
    “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
    -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

She is gorgeous! I will always be partial to APBTs. IMO, they are the BEST breed of dog. Too bad BSL have all but destroyed my hopes of ever owning another one.

Bebo and I were just talking last night about how it is a dream of ours to open a kennel and train working dogs. He's a fan of the GSD and Malinois while I like the Boxer for bite work and ordinance detection. I don't think there is a more capable dog than the European bred Boxer.

Great pics and thanks for sharing!

Here is the best working Boxers in the country and a true representation of the breed.

Boxers von Bachbett, bachbett kennels, working boxers, german boxers, schutzhund boxers, police dogs

Comment

Nice pup man. She looks like a lot of fun. We are bully fans too. May I ask who the breeder is? We have a 6 year old red nose. We were discussing another pup next year.

Comment

thats an awesome pit man i love pits she is a beaut hope everything goes well with her training keep us updated

Comment

Dirty - My instructor has a Malinois, he's a great dog but sooo high strung. What is the BSL in your area? In my state I have to have $100,000 liability on my homeowners policy, but there is a bill in the Supreme Court of Ohio right now that states a dog cannot be considered vicious based on breed. I really hope it passes.

Bitus - The breeder was Makaveli Pits but I don't know if they have any further breeding plans. Check out Zullou Kennels and Pitfall Kennels, both are great and I will be picking up a male from one of them next summer. Isis needs a boyfriend.

MSwift - Thanks! They have always been my favorite breed. According to many, no other breed bonds with their master the way a pit does. I will post some vids when I start protection training, but that's probably 6 months off. Right now I'm getting a good off leash obedience foundation and perfecting her scent detection skills (marijuana and the hard stuff).

Comment

i love pits,my favorite breed by far....awesome dogs,very loyal,protective,obedient,a dog who loves his or her master...her is a pic of my girl Eva,5 year old apbt...

Comment

Originally posted by b3napoleon View Post
                Dirty - My instructor has a Malinois, he's a great dog but sooo high strung. What is the BSL in your area? In my state I have to have $100,000 liability on my homeowners policy, but there is a bill in the Supreme Court of Ohio right now that states a dog cannot be considered vicious based on breed. I really hope it passes.
                APBTs and American Bulldogs are banned outright and Dobies, GSDs and Rotties are restricted. You need a 6ft fence and a $250,000 bodily injury insurance. These laws were passed with the help of DOG BITE LAW - the most trusted and extensive resource for dog bite victims, parents of victims, and dog owners needing legal information. I fought them tooth and nail (no pun intended) and I couldn't compete with their high priced lawyers and in the pocket politicians.

Comment

I thought they were against BSL? Their website makes it seem that way. I guess they're going wherever the money is. If I were you, I would just get a Presa Canario. The way your state is looking they will eventually be banned too but any dog you already own in the area will be allowed. They're a little more grumpy than a pit but they're just as capable.

*EDIT* Here is a quote from Kenneth Phillips, the creator of dogbitelaw.com
                  "There's no way to really identify all the breeds that could pose a danger," he says. "The ban on breeds is a very simplistic and knee-jerk reaction to a much more complicated problem. A breed ban only takes care of 10% of the problem. The other 90%—training, socialization, health of dog, the victim's behavior—a breed ban doesn't address those issues."

Comment

VERY nice lookin dawgie!
                    Ernest

www.magikboas2011.wix.com/home Where you will find Available Boas to my Magik BBQ Sauce!

Comment

Originally posted by b3napoleon View Post
                      I thought they were against BSL? Their website makes it seem that way. I guess they're going wherever the money is. If I were you, I would just get a Presa Canario. The way your state is looking they will eventually be banned too but any dog you already own in the area will be allowed. They're a little more grumpy than a pit but they're just as capable.

*EDIT* Here is a quote from Kenneth Phillips, the creator of dogbitelaw.com
                      "There's no way to really identify all the breeds that could pose a danger," he says. "The ban on breeds is a very simplistic and knee-jerk reaction to a much more complicated problem. A breed ban only takes care of 10% of the problem. The other 90%—training, socialization, health of dog, the victim's behavior—a breed ban doesn't address those issues."
                      That maybe his stance now but it wasn't back in the day. At least it wasn't the stance of his "team". About 10 years ago there was two mauling incidences that led to BSL. One was a little girl who was allowed to play unattended with a "pack of dogs" (none of which were pure bred pit bulls) and the second was a man chillin in a lounge chair in his back yard with a toy dog napping on his chest. The lil girl died and the man was severely disfigured. These two cases gained statewide and eventually nationwide coverage and that caught the attention of Mr. Phillips and his team.

BTW, Washington state has a ban on BSL but at least a dozen municipalities in the state still have BSL on the books.

Comment

Great dog talk folks. I love all,well most dogs (don't care for the ankle biters much).lol
                        This here is a dream dog of mine to have some day. They don't get talked about to much but are amazing dogs in there own right.
                        Rhodesian Ridgeback Information and Pictures, Ridgebacks
                        Somday I'll own one along with a Masstiff and an English Bull dog.
                        Last edited by Atrayu; 10-31-2009, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Here's my Roxie. She's not nearly as trained as yours.....

And one with her little brother...

-Sean in NoCal
                          “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
                          -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

Originally posted by DIRTY SHOOTER View Post
                            APBTs and American Bulldogs are banned outright and Dobies, GSDs and Rotties are restricted. You need a 6ft fence and a $250,000 bodily injury insurance. These laws were passed with the help of DOG BITE LAW - the most trusted and extensive resource for dog bite victims, parents of victims, and dog owners needing legal information. I fought them tooth and nail (no pun intended) and I couldn't compete with their high priced lawyers and in the pocket politicians.
                            This kinda stuff tears me apart. In the province I live in Pitbulls are banned, no other restrictions on breed that I know of. Our Humane society has adopted a 'no kill' policy on them and so they just keep piling up. The SPCA shelter, however will put them down right away as you cannot adopt them. If your dog is older than the date of the ban it is covered under a 'grandfather' clause but still has to be muzzled and leashed AT ALL TIMES, regardless of temperament, so they can't go to the parks anymore (if you want to follow the law to the letter) This ends up leaving owners who were otherwise law abiding to feel like criminals when they do something as simple as give their best friend some outside time. No one seems to follow the law and no one seems to enforce it (in fact, both police and bylaw officers have gone on record to say they are to busy to even consider enforcing it) so it all just seems like a huge waste of time and money and a lot of unwarranted heart ache in the end. We need to stop trying to Nerf the world, we can't be safe all the time and we have no right to expect such. Punish the guilty, but don't pad every corner and remove all chances for danger, it will kill us. A thousand years from now aliens will be able to wipe us out with nothing more than a few jars of peanut butter some shellfish a pitbull and wiffleball bat if we keep this up and always allow laws to be manipulated by the perpetually terrified suburban set. A lovely little pit for sure and SOOO GLAD to see some that are just free to be themselves, I live in pitbull hell.

Comment

I hate the fact that pits are banned and such. It is really a shame because pits are great dogs but just like snakes have come across a bad rep due to irresponsible breeders/owners. My buddy has a GORGEOUS pit, she's silver with white patches and blue eyes!! Such a sweetheart too. I'm a german shorthair pointer kinda guy but would like a pit one day. Here's a pic of my girl.

Comment

Working...
                              X