18 1/2 week puppy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 1/2 week puppy

Just a few pix of me hanging out with Boomer. A pit I rescued from being the "bait dog" as he was the litter runt. Look at him now. Well over 35 lbs and not even 5 months old

Just hanging out

Is a pitt's mouth ALWAYS open?????

Mouth full of ear....lol

Pix taken with my wife's camera (not very high quality but you get the idea).

Re: 18 1/2 week puppy

nice looking pit. I rescued my blue from going to the pound when he was 6weeks. He is now 3 and about 80lb. Best dog ive ever known.

Comment

He looks like a great little guy. I'll never understand organized dog fighting.

I'm glad yoiu rescued him.

Dogs are the Best !

Lar M
      Boas By Klevitz

sigpic

Comment

looks like a fun dog. I like his colors. It's nice to hear you saved him, good job!

Comment

Great lookin dog, Dank! I'm willing to bet he's going to return that favor with years of love and loyalty!

Originally posted by Boa Amarali View Post
          I'll never understand organized dog fighting. Dogs are the Best !
          While I admit I don't have the stomache for it myself, if it wasn't for this so-called "sport" we wouldn't have these wonderful bulldogs to enjoy. I grew up around this environment and it's always been a conflict with me. All the things that make a dog awesome in the pit also makes them awesome as a companion.

I agree though...Dogs are the BEST! Better than people in a lot of cases and better than we deserve sometimes.

Comment

Beautiful pit Ken. I love those colors!

Originally posted by DIRTY SHOOTER View Post
            Dogs are the BEST! Better than people in a lot of cases and better than we deserve sometimes.
            I agree 200%!! I'm definately lucky to have one as a partner at work. LOL
            "An increase in reptile education can lead to a decrease in reptile discrimination." - Bebo

sigpic

Comment

Good for you with the rescue wish there were more like you thats all you see in the shelters. I had one she wound up in the shelter and I couldn't get her out, her name was Tinkerbell so you tell me what the problem w/pits are I dont see it. I love pits and yours is beautiful and they say Boas grow fast. gorgous boy thanx for the share danktat.

Comment

I would love to get a pit,but it is a big headache over here with them. My home insurance can drop me if I have one!

Comment

Nice Pit bro...if he is that big at 5months can u imagine at a yr old!?!? He is going to be a beast! I have always loved Pits!
                  Ernest

www.magikboas2011.wix.com/home Where you will find Available Boas to my Magik BBQ Sauce!

Comment

Awwwww-the love between a man and his dog....Very evident here!

He looks like he is going to be a tank when he matures--pitts are the best dogs, I have a pitt x boxer that I rescued from being drowned and I think the rescues are the best! Congratulations on a gorgeous boy!
                    http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Wow he's handsome! Nice pup bro glad you got him!

Comment

Beautiful Pit!
                        Glad you were able to get him.
                        Here is a picture of my little "Pitweiler" 50% Rotweiler and 50% Pitbull
                        His name is Leo he is 7 weeks old in this pic
                        And a picture of Mom (pit) and dad (rot)

Comment

Mom is HUGE. I never saw that color before either.
                          As far as mine, he can be a handfull at times but he tries that is all I ask from a pet [mammal]. I like is coat. Not many brendles that I see have a base color that light so that the stripes really show thru. I would like to see his head fill out a bit more as he gets older. It is a bit narrow, boxerish at the moment. The thing is, I know this guy wasn't bred for looks as much as supposed "abilities". The new "look" that breeders are creating is almost english bulldogish, keeping them short to the ground, huge neck and head, broad shoulders and narrow hips. This guy looks more "old school". I know that he LOVES people though, and so far I haven't seen animal agression when seeing strange dogs while walking. He plays too much with the cat (who has no problem scratching the crap out of him....lol). Definitely a cool dog

Comment

I have an 8 month old Pit that is the love of my life. She goes everywhere with me. I hate dog fighting, but that is why pitbulls are the way they are. If it wasn't for the years of breeding them for bull baiting and dog fighting, they wouldn't be half the dog they are.
                            http://www.iherp.com/topshelfmorphs

http://www.facebook.com/boidsohio

Comment

Originally posted by danktat View Post
                              Mom is HUGE. I never saw that color before either.
                              As far as mine, he can be a handfull at times but he tries that is all I ask from a pet [mammal]. I like is coat. Not many brendles that I see have a base color that light so that the stripes really show thru. I would like to see his head fill out a bit more as he gets older. It is a bit narrow, boxerish at the moment. The thing is, I know this guy wasn't bred for looks as much as supposed "abilities". The new "look" that breeders are creating is almost english bulldogish, keeping them short to the ground, huge neck and head, broad shoulders and narrow hips. This guy looks more "old school". I know that he LOVES people though, and so far I haven't seen animal agression when seeing strange dogs while walking. He plays too much with the cat (who has no problem scratching the crap out of him....lol). Definitely a cool dog
                              Thanks,
                              The color phase is called "Merle" just like the australian shepherds. Technically Leo is a "Blue Merle". I have not seen anything with the color he has. Very interesting since his dad is a Rott and normally they contribute their color in a dominant fashion. The "Merle" trait is also dominant or codominate in terms of what we use for boas. I think that all Pitts love people. I hate fighting dogs, but even in that twisted world Pitts are not allowed to be people agressive. Congrats on your boy he is stunning!
                              Bob McPhee
                              BBC Exotics

Comment

Working...
                              X