Still Here (update on life)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Here (update on life)

Ever since classes started back up I haven't been on here as much as I'd like to be, but I still lurk occasionally.

I am also no longer keeping the boas I had. The IBD scare with my albino shut down any possibilities of ever acquiring any new snakes or future breeding plans. I wound up giving the two girls I had to a friend of mine who is keeping them as pets. They're still doing very well with him, and I plan on starting over in the future.

On the other hand, my girlfriend and I got a dog! We've been talking about getting one for over a year, and we finally found the puppy we wanted.

Meet Loki, our Great Dane pup. Born on June 7th and weighing 48 lbs at his most recent vet appointment last week.

This was him at 10 weeks:

Mom and Dad. Mom was 120lbs.

Thanks for looking guys,
    Tyler

Re: Still Here (update on life)

Sorry to hear about you not keeping boas.

But excited to welcome you to owning great danes! I have 4. They are a handful! I strongly recommend as many chew toys as possible. I've never had a more destructive puppy than my danes!

-Sean in NoCal
    “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
    -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

Originally posted by tjromick View Post
      Meet Loki, our Great Dane pup. Born on June 7th and weighing 48 lbs at his most recent vet appointment last week.
      He's adorable! I love Great Danes! My friend used to have some and I loved spending time with them. Hope you enjoy your pup while he's still a pup and have time to get back into boas in the future : )

Originally posted by Pandorasdad View Post
      But excited to welcome you to owning great danes! I have 4. They are a handful! I strongly recommend as many chew toys as possible. I've never had a more destructive puppy than my danes!
      My Plott Hound pup has graduated from tearing apart stuffed animals, blankets, shoes, furniture, to tearing the siding off the walls of our house...she wins the most destructive pup award.
      “I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.” -DA
      www.outworldreptiles.com

Comment

Sorry about your boas. My wife and I have always wanted a Dane. Your guy is very handsome!

Comment

Sorry about your boas and hopefully you will get back into having them soon. Your pup is gorgeous and very well put together, congratulations. Please keep us updated on him, I love Danes and will have one when our house is built...one day.
          http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Lol, I can't even imagine how much they must eat! And I hear ya, he goes through toys very fast. Luckily he hasn't gotten to any of our shoes yet.

Originally posted by Zaphod42 View Post
            Hope you enjoy your pup while he's still a pup and have time to get back into boas in the future : )
            I definitely will. And hopefully it will be soon!

Originally posted by Joba1972 View Post
            Your guy is very handsome!
            Thanks!!

Originally posted by zamora View Post
            Please keep us updated on him, I love Danes and will have one when our house is built...one day.
            I have to take pictures almost daily since he grows so fast, lol. I'll make sure to post them every now and then!

Comment

Originally posted by tjromick View Post
              I can't even imagine how much they must eat!
              200 lbs of dog food a month. More when it's colder.

-Sean in NoCal
              “Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth, sincerity, and hardihood – the virtues that made America.”
              -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

Beautiful pup! We have a Cane Corso whose name is also Loki, and he definitely lives up to the Norse god of mischief's name. Our guy is finally topped out size-wise at around 140 lbs. Enjoy him while he's "small"!

Comment

Just a couple extra pictures of Loki. Currently 4 months and 62lbs.

And a few pics of the alligator that lives in the pond out back. Gotta love Florida!

Comment

That's one handsome dog. The gator is cool too.

Comment

I'm not a fan of great Danes but he's gorgeous

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

very pretty puppy! too bad the breeders bred harl to harl.... not smart. but your pup is cute

Comment

He's a good looking baby! Do you guys feed the gator?

-Sean in NoCal
                          -Teddy Roosevelt.

Comment

What a cute puppy! Thanks for the updated photos, he is growing like a weed. Love the gator too, he's got itty bitty teeth!
                            http://berkeleyknebel.wix.com/mississippimorphs

Photo credit:Eddie Ard .....Banner Credit:Big PaPa Ernest

Comment

Originally posted by HognoseBoa View Post
                              too bad the breeders bred harl to harl.
                              I read that too somewhere, but I couldn't find a whole lot about it. Only thing I saw said something like 25% of the embryos don't make it. Are there other problems I should watch out for?

Do you guys feed the gator?
                              We try not to, but he loves to come over when we feed the turtles. He loves spaghetti, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X